EEA Family Member Application

Getting It Right First Time

All UK visa applications, regardless of visa category have to meet the very stringent guidelines set by the UK Immigration Directorate. What that means is, one small error in your EEA Family Member application will result in your visa being refused by the Home Office. Which will mean time and money wasted. Maybe then you will have to re-apply or even appeal, which will cost even more money. Get it right in the first place. Why take the risk, when our UK Immigration Solicitors will navigate the complexities of your case for you. With us, you get total peace of mind.

Requirements & Guidelines:

Our UK Immigration Solicitors are experts in preparing and submitting the EEA Family Member application with a combined experience of over 10 years. Get our UK Immigration lawyers to help. Give us a call and we will help you every step of the way.

Family members of EEA citizens enjoy the right of admission to the UK providing they can prove their relationship to an EEA citizen. A family member wishing to travel to the UK can apply to an Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) for an EEA family permit, which will considerably ease the passage into the UK.

5-year Residence Card

You can apply for a residence card if you’re both:

  • from outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
  • the family member, or extended family member, of an EEA national who is a permanent resident or ‘qualified person’

You may also be eligible for a residence card if you have a ‘retained right of residence’ or make a ‘Surinder Singh’ application.

Qualified persons

A qualified person is someone who is in the UK and one of the following applies:

  • they’re working
  • they’re self-employed
  • they’re self-sufficient
  • they’re studying
  • they’re looking for work (only if they meet certain conditions)

Family members of EEA citizens

You can apply as a direct family member if you’re related to the EEA national as:

  • their spouse or civil partner
  • their (or their spouse or civil partner’s) child or grandchild who is under 21 or a dependant
  • their (or their spouse or civil partner’s) dependent parent or grandparent

If the EEA national is a student, you can only qualify as their family member if you’re:

  • their spouse or civil partner
  • their (or their spouse or civil partner’s) dependent child

Other relatives of students must qualify as extended family members.

Our approach

Our approach to all UK Visa application fees is quite simple. A one-off fixed fee that never changes. So, no unexpected surprises. Call us and get a quote. No two cases are the same, but one thing is for sure. Once we give you a price, it won’t change. That’s a promise we will keep.

What to Do Next

Now you have the information you were looking for. Let us give you, the best chance of getting your EEA Family Member application approved, the first time around. Give us a Call. So, we can pre-vet your EEA Family Member application free of charge, within 1 hour whenever possible. Call us and get a No-Obligation Assessment on the phone, our client liaison teams are waiting plus if you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

To contact our team of specialists you can call us for FREE 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Alternatively, you can get in touch by completing our contact form.